☰ Menu
× Close

Arc Flash Fire Injures AZ Bowling Alley Worker

Share Via

Prescott, AZ – A worker was replacing blanks when an electrical arc occurred at a bowling alley in Prescott, AZ. Fire officials found evidence of a catastrophic failure in an electrical panel the employee had been servicing.electrical arc

The electrical arc propagated a flame and destroyed the front of the breaker panel, starting a fire. The employee was able to recover from the arc explosion and grabbed a fire extinguisher to extinguish the fire. He suffered burns to his hand, as well as singed facial hair, and was transported to a local hospital.

Fire department officials reported that the fire was extinguished and had not extended from the breaker panel. Responders shut down all power to the building until an evaluation and repair of the electrical system could be accomplished.

Read more from original source.

Request a Quote

We are here to help you.

Get Started