COLUMBUS, GA – A Facility has been given 22 serious citations by OSHA. HPPE LLC was given a safety and health inspection at its Columbus chemical manufacturing facility. According to ValdostaToday, the inspection was conducted under OSHA’s Regional Emphasis Program for Powered Industrial Trucks. The inspection has resulted in a proposed $136,816 in penalties.
- Provide hazard communication program training to employees working with chemicals.
- Establish or implement a written confined space program for workers who enter tanks and/or vats.
- Provide employees working with chemicals with emergency means for flushing eyes and the body.
- Display labels on containers that store chemicals.
- Train workers operating powered industrial trucks and repair damaged storage racks with bent and damaged supports.
- Keep doorways unlocked, marked and illuminated properly as exits, and keep doorways free of obstruction.
- Provide guarding and other fall protection systems or training for employees working from elevated platforms and near open pits to prevent them from falling.
- Train workers on procedures for isolating energy sources on machines while performing repair work (lockout/tagout).